Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scrapbooking with Isobel

My friend Isobel begged me to come with her to babysit her granddaughters while their Mom and Dad were away.

It's been a blast.

Four little girls - 10, 8, 6 and nearly 2 - make for a busy household. They're active, happy, friendly people with plenty to do and say.

Highlights?

Listening to Jordie play her recorder. Watching her be the big sister and main helper to her grandma, as she ran to get the vitamins or entertained the baby for a bit.

Hearing Maddie's little comments as she interacted with her grandmother or sisters. She reminds me most of Becky. She's a bit quiet but has a smile that lights up the room.

Annie's spunk. She's full of energy and likes to try to get away with whatever she can put past her grandma. Playing snakes and ladders with her and the rest of them was great fun.

Lilly was just adorable. Even though she was sick, she had plenty to say. The doctor said to give her lots of fluids, so we made some soup with chicken stock and leftover noodles. She really didn't like it much, and grimaced at every bite. However, she LOVED the bowl with a built-in straw, so she kept sipping, then grimacing, then sipping again. The look on her face was priceless. I had great fun playing on the deck with Lilly, who ordered me to come outside with her.

Of course, Isobel and I were creative scrapaholics, too. We have completed four layouts, and may get one more done tonight before we head to bed. When I look back through my albums, I realize that most of the pages I have completed have been done at Isobel's house. I'm grateful to her for her friendship, and for sharing her passion for scrapbooking.

I miss my own family. Can't wait to see them tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you can escape for a little while with your friend.

    We miss you though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.