Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stupid doctor

I don't know how he could do it, but Dr. Devlin evaluated my condition today.  It took him all of 27 minutes, and for three or four of those minutes he left the room to let me put on a hospital gown.

He made me lift my arms and push against him, even though I told him it hurt.  I am in agony this evening, because of a few minutes of exercise.  I am tight and sore... my shoulders feel like they are in a vise with a knife piercing them.

Wine helps.  I had a couple of glasses of wine.  I hope I can sleep tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I hope so, too. :(

    I hope he could see how much pain you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you push anyway?!?


    Remember, most people are wimps.

    You didn't have to show off your strength.

    Did you tell him you can't?

    Does he know it killed you?


    Were you honest? Or were you tough?


    More info, please.


    And next time, I'll go and say, "Uh, excuse me. She can't do that."


    Find another exercise, girly man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid doctor.

    That's like the doctor who was examining my arm when my elbow when it was fractured, I was in a lot of pain and he said "Does THIS HURT?" and yanked it straight (even though I was holding it bent ON PURPOSE, because straightening it was EXCRUCIATING!) and I was like "YES!!!!!!!!" and I was too young to say "You @*$%!(% @*!$%*% @*%**%!!!!" although I did think it.

    And as a man thinketh in his heart, so he does. So, I guess I'm a stupid doctor smacker. I'll come along next time and smack that stupid doctor good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jumped in quick when moms face turned purple. She wants to be tough, and that is why they have a hard time believing just how much she does hurt.

    I mentally walloped him good.

    ReplyDelete

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.