Sunday, January 2, 2011

Galatians - called by His grace.

The book of Galatians is one of my favourite books of the Bible.  Of course, I love them all!  


Paul is writing to counter the false teachings of the Judaizers, who were teaching that Gentiles must first become Jewish proselytes and submit to Mosaic law BEFORE they could become Christians.  Read through Galatians and see the passion of Paul as he thunders the truth!


He begins with this reminder:


Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age. . . But when he who had set me apart before I was born and who called me by His grace was pleased to reveal His son to me...


Delightful thought!  Jesus gave Himself for ME, to deliver ME from this present evil age.  God set ME apart, called ME, and revealed His son to ME, so that I might do the work He planned for ME.  I was called by God's grace, just like Paul was.  I live a life of grace and peace, just like Paul did.  


Pray with me:


Father God, 
You set me apart and called me by Your grace.
You revealed Your SON to me - the Only Holy One
                                                                - the Only One who could deliver me
                                              from my own sin
                                         and from this present evil age.

In You we delight.
   In You we hope.
      In You we trust.

We acknowledge that You have all authority
                                               and all power
                  over our lives
                  over our circumstances
                  over our relationships.

We are Your slaves - But You are the Perfect Master.
We are the Redeemed - Bought with the Precious Blood of Christ.
We are the Forgiven - Adopted into Your Family.
We are Joint Heirs with Christ - Oh, Blessed thought!

                 Let us live in the light of that truth
                     and walk in the light of that grace,
with confidence in our Father
and trust in our Brother,
and faith in the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
                                 In the blessed name of Jesus we pray.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.