Thursday, January 20, 2011

I am so excited!

I got my first book from Booksneeze.com.  today.  I'm going to be reading "Sabbath" by Dan Allender, then writing a review here on my blog.  A quick perusal of the book told me that I will enjoy reading it.

The back cover reads,

Dan Allender's lyrical book about the Sabbath expels the myriad myths about this day of rest, starting with the one that paints the Sabbath as a day of forced quiet, spiritual exercises, and religious devotion and attendance.  This, he says, is at odds with the ancient tradition of Sabbath as a day of delight for both body and soul.  Instead, the only way we can make use of the Sabbath is to see God's original intent for the day with new eyes. In Sabbath, Allender builds a case for delight by looking at this day as a festival that celebrates God's re-creative, redemptive love using four components:

  • sensual glory and beauty
  •  ritual
  • communal feasting
  • playfulness

I will be reading this book in the next week, and commenting here.

By the way, did anyone notice that yesterday's blog was a repeat?

2 comments:

  1. Was repeating done on purpose? Or is your brain finally as mushy as mine?

    Ooooohhh, I can't WAIT for your comments on the book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for reviews!! :D

    I haven't seen yesterday's blog yet... I'm so far behind... sigh... it's the darn cleaning.. :P ;)

    ReplyDelete

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.