Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Abiding in Christ - Day 6 - God Has Done It!

God Has United You to Himself.



For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:26-31


“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
(John 15:1 ESV)

Every single day, I must remind myself of my position in Christ.  By faith I say, "I am in Christ", and this is the work of God Himself, and the Holy Spirit teaches it to me.

It is the believer's desire to become one with Christ, but hear this: it is God's desire that we should be one with Christ, too!  He is the One who silently worked in every believer a spiritual awakening.  God does His work by moving us to do our work, which is distinct and tangible.  We are converted, we grow in faith, we learn to pray, we are obedient.  But God is the One who does a wondrous, secret work in us.

"So often when the believer tries to say, "I am in Christ Jesus," he looks more to  the work he has done than to that wondrous secret work of God, which united him to Christ.  This is to be expected at the beginning of the Christian course.  "I know that I have believed," is a valid testimony.  But it is important that the mind be led to see that at the back of our turning, believing, and accepting of Christ, God's almighty power was doing its work of inspiring our will, taking possession of us, and carrying out its own purpose of love in planting us into Christ Jesus.  As the believer understands the divine side of the work of salvation, he will learn to praise and to worship with new enthusiasm and to rejoice more than ever in his salvation.  At each step he reviews, the song will come, "This is the Lord's doing" - Divine Omnipotence working out what Eternal Love devised." ~p.44, Abiding in Christ by Andrew Murray.

OF GOD I AM IN CHRIST JESUS!

"And those He predestined, He also called."  ~ Romans 8:30

The calling in time is the manifestation of God's purpose in eternity!  

"The Lord has appeared to us in the past, saying 'I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving-kindness.'" ~Jeremiah 31:3

CHRIST IS THE VINE.
THE BELIEVER IS THE BRANCH.
THE FATHER IS THE VINEDRESSER.

And every single branch the Vinedresser grafted into the Vine will never be plucked out of His hand.  (John 10:28)  What safety!  What security we have, in Christ!

The God Who chose me
                    and grafted me into Christ Jesus my Lord
                    has ensured that I will be worthy of His Son
                                       as I yield to His will
                                       and rest in His care
                                       and abide in Him constantly!
This deepens my sense of dependence.
                   and causes me to pray without ceasing
                                    and to praise my God continually
                                    for I am IN HIM because OF HIM.

What God has created is exquisitely suited for its purpose.
  • the sun gives light and heat perfectly!
  • the eye sees beautifully!
  • the new man does good works - for if any man be in Christ Jesus, he is a new creation!
We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works.  ~ Ephesians 2:10

Oh, believer, stop looking at your old nature so much!  Stop complaining about your weakness!  Stop focusing on your failures!

Your new nature is perfectly formed for its good purpose - to do good works!  Accept that, and fulfill your glorious destiny!

In your Christian walk, with all of its
  • claims
  • duties
  • needs 
  • desires          LET GOD BE EVERYTHING!
"See Jesus, as He speaks to you, "Abide in Me," pointing upward and saying, "My Father is the vinedresser.  Of Him you are in ME, and through Him you abide in Me, and to Him and to His glory shall be the fruit you bear." ~p. 44, Abiding in Christ by Andrew Murray

IT IS GOD'S WILL FOR ME TO ABIDE IN CHRIST.
IT IS BECAUSE OF GOD THAT I AM IN CHRIST.
IT IS TO HIS GLORY THAT I WILL BEAR FRUIT.


ALWAYS

In Him
With Him
Through Him
Every breath;
By Him
For Him
To Him
Life and Death.

by Linda Billson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.