Friday, January 6, 2012

Don't Call it Love


Don’t Call it Love
I’m tempted to sit back in my overstuffed chair
with a gavel in hand and a tired-eye stare that says
I’m not surprised you’ve messed it up again
I’m tempted to sigh, I’m tempted to yawn
if you’d only do life the way I’ve told you all along
It could be so easy
If you would only be more like me
But oh, that’s the beast that brings us down
It’s the devil in a satin gown
So don’t, don’t call it love (don’t call it love)
love wraps herself around the wound
and weeps while she speaks truth
So don’t call this love
Too much to say, not enough time
you’ve got so much to learn it’ll hurt for a while
but you know that I’m only concerned
I- only want to help
You got what you gave
I said that you would
I guess it must be really hard to be so unsure,
but it could be so easy if you would only be more like me
Chorus
Oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh
oh oh
oh oh oh
oh oh
oh oh oh oh
(Repeat)
Come along beside me
I’ll come along beside you
and I will wash your hands in my tears
I’ll take your boots to the river
and we can sing
where love makes music
love makes music
Oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh
oh oh
oh oh oh
oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
(Repeat x3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.