Friday, March 2, 2012

Three Gifts Green

1.  Green lettuce today for lunch.  A nice change from the usual fare lately.  Best part was the pepper, but that's not green.  (Have I ever mentioned how much I love pepper?  It's right up there with ginger in my book.)

2.  Green Nathan.  He came today, and was looking a little green around the edges.  I offered him a bucket in case he needed it and he accepted it gladly.  Although he was pale and shaky for the morning, by the time the lunch was prepared, he felt better, and decided to eat.  Granny is thankful Nate didn't stay green for long.

3.  Greenbacks.  We have none at the moment.  I'm thankful for these leaner times that teach us on Whom we should lean.  James 2 reminds us "Has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which He has promised to those who love Him?  There are lessons of faith to be learned when we have few funds.  I am grateful for this, because I know God loves me, and I know I only love Him by His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.